React Native Developer
Borrowell helps people make great decisions about credit. With its free credit score and report monitoring, automated credit coaching tools and AI-driven financial product recommendations, Borrowell empowers consumers to improve their financial well-being and be the hero of their credit. Borrowell is one of Canada’s largest financial technology companies, with more than 900,000 members.
Borrowell has been named to the Fintech 100, a list of the top 100 fintech companies globally; Fintech of the Year (2018) at the Canadian Fintech & AI Awards; and a finalist for “International Innovator of the Year” by LendIt.
Borrowell is also one of the Best Places to Work™ for Women, Millennials and in Financial Services and Insurance, and has received wide recognition for its leadership in diversity and inclusion.
About the role:
As a React Native Developer, you will be a key member of Borrowell’s Engineering Team. You will design, develop, optimize, test and maintain application code for Borrowell’s mobile applications. You will ensure that software meets both the technical and business requirements that guided its design.
You will work in a team to develop and deliver our core product offering via a mobile application. You will collaborate with Product, Design, Engineering and QA teams across the company. Are you looking to make an impact at one of Canada’s leading fintech startups?
- Working knowledge of TypeScript
- Experience building React Native applications and/or very strong working experience with React for web
- Good understanding of mobile platform and it's capabilities
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines for mobile projects
- Experience publishing applications to Google Play Store and/or Apple App Store
- Experience working in a cross-functional team in an agile environment
Nice to Have:
- Experience building fully native applications using Objective-C/Swift for iOS and/or Java/Kotlin for Android
- Understanding Redux or similar state management libraries
- Understanding of RxJS
- Experience working with Jest for testing
- You have a passion for code and enjoy applying your technical skills to solve business problems
- You strive for excellence in everything you develop: customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You are a positive team player
- You show attention to detail
- You’re excited by the possibility of pushing technology to find new ways of delivering financial services
- The Opportunity - join and have a major impact on a growing company that is helping Canadians make great decisions about credit
- Comprehensive Health Benefits - medical, dental, vision, and paramedical health benefits for you and your family
- Additional Health Benefits - virtual benefit offering that allows you to connect with nurses, doctors and mental health professionals
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top-up - available to new parents
- Wellness & Transit Benefit - $600 annually to spend on a gym membership, daycare, petcare etc.
- Givewell Benefit - 1 paid volunteer day a year to give back to the community
- Flexibility - flexible working hours and a flexible vacation policy
At Borrowell, one of our core values and firm beliefs is that diversity makes us better. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for candidates who have experience, but know that not everyone’s had a chance to demonstrate what they can do. What’s most important is that you have a growth mindset, and care about helping people with their finances - an area in their lives that causes a lot of stress.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, clearing a credit and criminal record check is a condition of employment.
Borrowell encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.