Front End Developer
Borrowell helps people make great decisions about credit. With its free credit score and report monitoring, automated credit coaching tools and AI-driven financial product recommendations, Borrowell empowers consumers to improve their financial well-being and be the hero of their credit. Borrowell is one of Canada’s largest financial technology companies, with more than 900,000 members.
Borrowell has been named to the Fintech 100, a list of the top 100 fintech companies globally; Fintech of the Year (2018) at the Canadian Fintech & AI Awards; and a finalist for “International Innovator of the Year” by LendIt.
Borrowell is also one of the Best Places to Work™ for Women, Millennials and in Financial Services and Insurance, and has received wide recognition for its leadership in diversity and inclusion.
About the role:
This is an exciting Engineering role with significant involvement in driving the growth of Borrowell through creative Engineering and Marketing. You will be a vital contributor who will work at the intersection of Borrowell’s Engineering, Marketing, Product, and Design functions. This role will be focused on engineering projects directly related to revenue growth, user acquisition, and conversion rate optimization.
This person will be responsible for designing, coding and modifying Borrowell’s website, helping develop media campaigns and working on web applications from concept through reality. This person will work enthusiastically with our internal marketing and brand teams to develop visually appealing and innovative web features backed by user-friendly design and clear navigation.
You will help Borrowell create a simpler, better way for Canadians to access their credit score and get affordable loans online.
- Work experience with React
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS and Web APIs
- Experience writing automated tests for single page web applications
- Passion for creating a great user experience
- Ability to troubleshoot browser and device compatibility issues
- Experience running A/B tests to optimize conversion and engagement
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with Webpack or other modern approaches to bundle front-end code
- Experience with tests runners like Karma or Jest, and test frameworks like Jasmine or Mocha
- Experience with GatsbyJS
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Contentful
- You have a passion for code and enjoy applying your technical skills to solve business problems
- You strive for excellence in everything you develop: customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You are a positive team player
- You show attention to detail
- You see the value in supporting marketing initiatives to drive the growth of the organization and strength of brand
- You’re excited by the possibility of pushing technology to find new ways of delivering financial services
- The Opportunity - join and have a major impact on a growing company that is helping Canadians make great decisions about credit
- Comprehensive Health Benefits - medical, dental, vision, and paramedical health benefits for you and your family
- Additional Health Benefits - virtual benefit offering that allows you to connect with nurses, doctors and mental health professionals
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top-up - available to new parents
- Wellness & Transit Benefit - $600 annually to spend on a gym membership, daycare, petcare etc.
- Givewell Benefit - 1 paid volunteer day a year to give back to the community
- Flexibility - flexible working hours and a flexible vacation policy
At Borrowell, one of our core values and firm beliefs is that diversity makes us better. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for candidates who have experience, but know that not everyone’s had a chance to demonstrate what they can do. What’s most important is that you have a growth mindset, and care about helping people with their finances - an area in their lives that causes a lot of stress.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, clearing a credit and criminal record check is a condition of employment.
Borrowell encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.