Borrowell helps people make great decisions about credit. With its free credit score and report monitoring, automated credit coaching tools and AI-driven financial product recommendations, Borrowell empowers consumers to improve their financial well-being and be the hero of their credit. Borrowell is one of Canada’s largest financial technology companies, with more than 900,000 members.
Borrowell has been named to the Fintech 100, a list of the top 100 fintech companies globally; Fintech of the Year (2018) at the Canadian Fintech & AI Awards; and a finalist for “International Innovator of the Year” by LendIt.
Borrowell is also one of the Best Places to Work™ for Women, Millennials and in Financial Services and Insurance, and has received wide recognition for its leadership in diversity and inclusion.
About the role:
As a Security Engineer you will be a key member of Borrowell’s Engineering Team. You will work with the Shared Services Lead on the security function and look to improve and maintain best practices for the team.
- Implement and maintain preventative security measures and build disaster recovery plans.
- Be prepared to detect, investigate, and respond to security incidents.
- Work with the Shared Services Lead to develop a roadmap to continuously improve Borrowell’s information security and privacy policies.
- Work with Engineering teams at Borrowell to implement secure coding practices and build security into the development lifecycle.
- Work with Borrowell’s IT team to identify and resolve potential security issues pertaining to IT operations.
- Evaluate and manage external partners providing additional security services.
- Create and maintain policy documentation and processes to satisfy statutory and regulatory compliance requirements that impact on data privacy and security.
- Act as a security subject matter expert and security evangelist within the company.
- Knowledge of information security principles, protocols, practices and industry standards.
- Experience identifying and protecting against web application security vulnerabilities found in but not limited to OWASP Top 10.
- Good understanding of cloud infrastructure, and experience with one of the major cloud providers.
- Ability to clearly communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A proven track record both as a contributor as well as a leader.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with PCI and/or GDPR
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification or other industry recognized information security certification
- You have a passion for security and enjoy applying your technical skills to solve business problems
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You are a positive team player
- You show attention to detail
- You’re excited by the possibility of pushing technology to find new ways of delivering financial services
- The Opportunity - join and have a major impact on a growing company that is helping Canadians make great decisions about credit
- Comprehensive Health Benefits - medical, dental, vision, and paramedical health benefits for you and your family
- Additional Health Benefits - virtual benefit offering that allows you to connect with nurses, doctors and mental health professionals
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top-up - available to new parents
- Wellness & Transit Benefit - $600 annually to spend on a gym membership, daycare, petcare etc.
- Givewell Benefit - 1 paid volunteer day a year to give back to the community
- Flexibility - flexible working hours and a flexible vacation policy
At Borrowell, one of our core values and firm beliefs is that diversity makes us better. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for candidates who have experience, but know that not everyone’s had a chance to demonstrate what they can do. What’s most important is that you have a growth mindset, and care about helping people with their finances - an area in their lives that causes a lot of stress.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, clearing a credit and criminal record check is a condition of employment.
Borrowell encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.