VP of Product
Borrowell helps people make great decisions about credit. With its free credit score and report monitoring, automated credit coaching tools and AI-driven financial product recommendations, Borrowell empowers consumers to improve their financial well-being and be the hero of their credit. Borrowell is one of Canada’s largest financial technology companies, with more than 1 million members.
Borrowell has been named to the Fintech 100, a list of the top 100 fintech companies globally; Fintech of the Year (2018) at the Canadian Fintech & AI Awards; and a finalist for “International Innovator of the Year” by LendIt.
Borrowell is also one of the Best Places to Work™ for Women, Millennials and in Financial Services and Insurance, and has received wide recognition for its leadership in diversity and inclusion.
About the role:
Borrowell is looking for a strategic, analytical and results-oriented VP of Product to lead the Product function at Borrowell. Reporting to the Co-Founder & COO, you’ll set the direction for product development and delivery, balancing user experience, revenue generation and technical considerations. If you want to make a difference in the lives of consumers and help them with the number one source of stress in their lives - their finances - join us in making a difference at Borrowell.
- Owning product vision, roadmap and delivery, driving user-centric ideation, market validation and execution for Borrowell, in partnership with other key stakeholders.
- Developing and executing a strategic roadmap for existing products, evaluating product performance consistently.
- Identifying potential new product opportunities to serve our growing user base, understand our users evolving needs, market insights and competitive trends.
- Leading or supporting larger strategic initiatives as needed.
- Working closely with other key leaders to balance multiple (and at times competing) priorities to achieve what’s best for the business and our users.
- Growing and developing the product management team.
- 7+ years of work experience, including experience as a senior product management leader responsible for one or more consumer products
- Demonstrated experience developing product strategy and owning product roadmaps.
- Track record of leading, developing and scaling teams of product managers/owners
- B2C product experience.
- You strive for excellence in everything you do: customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, listen well and are able to discuss differences respectfully.
- You have strong quantitative instincts and make data-driven decisions.
- You love to share what you’re doing and get input from others. You recognize you don't have all the answers and it's important to understand points of view that differ from your own.
- You’re excited by the possibilities of technology to find new ways of delivering financial services.
- You have a strong user research background and can empathize with our user base.
- You care about having a real impact on people and can appreciate the stress that financial decisions have on people’s lives.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in financial services is a nice-to-have but is not required.
- The Opportunity - join and have a major impact on a growing company that is helping Canadians make great decisions about credit
- Comprehensive Health Benefits - medical, dental, vision, and paramedical health benefits for you and your family
- Additional Health Benefits - virtual benefit offering that allows you to connect with nurses, doctors and mental health professionals
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top-up - available to new parents
- Wellness & Transit Benefit - $600 annually to spend on a gym membership, daycare, petcare etc.
- Givewell Benefit - 1 paid volunteer day a year to give back to the community
- Flexibility - flexible working hours and a flexible vacation policy
At Borrowell, one of our core values and firm beliefs is that diversity makes us better. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for candidates who have experience, but know that not everyone’s had a chance to demonstrate what they can do. What’s most important is that you have a growth mindset, and care about helping people with their finances - an area in their lives that causes a lot of stress.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, clearing a credit and criminal record check is a condition of employment.
Borrowell encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.