Full Stack Developer
Borrowell helps people make great decisions about credit. With its free credit score and report monitoring, automated credit coaching tools and AI-driven financial product recommendations, Borrowell empowers consumers to improve their financial well-being and be the hero of their credit. Borrowell is one of Canada’s largest financial technology companies, with more than 1 million members.
Borrowell has been named to the Fintech 100, a list of the top 100 fintech companies globally; Fintech of the Year (2018) at the Canadian Fintech & AI Awards; and a finalist for “International Innovator of the Year” by LendIt.
Borrowell is also one of the Best Places to Work™ for Women, Millennials and in Financial Services and Insurance, and has received wide recognition for its leadership in diversity and inclusion.
About the role:
As a Full Stack Developer you will be a key member of Borrowell’s Engineering Team. You will design, develop, optimize, test and maintain application code for Borrowell’s web and mobile applications. You will ensure that software meets both the technical and business requirements that guided its design.
This is an exciting role with significant involvement in application development and maintenance. You will help Borrowell create a simpler, better way for Canadians to access their credit score and get affordable loans online.
Working knowledge with the following:
- C# or similar programming languages
- Architecture patterns, as well as API design and implementation
- SQL, including constructing complex queries, stored procedures and optimization techniques
- React and/or Angular
- HTML and CSS
Nice to Have
- Experience with .NET framework
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure
- Understanding of micro-services architecture, containers and cloud computing services
- Interest in learning .NET Core
- Ability to write maintainable automated tests
- You have a passion for code and enjoy applying your technical skills to solve business problems
- You strive for excellence in everything you develop: customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You are a positive team player
- You show attention to detail
- You’re excited by the possibility of pushing technology to find new ways of delivering financial services
- The Opportunity - join and have a major impact on a growing company that is helping Canadians make great decisions about credit
- Comprehensive Health Benefits - medical, dental, vision, and paramedical health benefits for you and your family
- Additional Health Benefits - virtual benefit offering that allows you to connect with nurses, doctors and mental health professionals
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top-up - available to new parents
- Wellness & Transit Benefit - $600 annually to spend on a gym membership, daycare, petcare etc.
- Givewell Benefit - 1 paid volunteer day a year to give back to the community
- Flexibility - flexible working hours and a flexible vacation policy
At Borrowell, one of our core values and firm beliefs is that diversity makes us better. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for candidates who have experience, but know that not everyone’s had a chance to demonstrate what they can do. What’s most important is that you have a growth mindset, and care about helping people with their finances - an area in their lives that causes a lot of stress.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, clearing a credit and criminal record check is a condition of employment.
Borrowell encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.