Borrowell helps people make great decisions about credit. With its free credit score and report monitoring, automated credit coaching tools and AI-driven financial product recommendations, Borrowell empowers consumers to improve their financial well-being and be the hero of their credit. Borrowell is one of Canada’s largest financial technology companies, with more than 900,000 members.
Borrowell has been named to the Fintech 100, a list of the top 100 fintech companies globally; Fintech of the Year (2018) at the Canadian Fintech & AI Awards; and a finalist for “International Innovator of the Year” by LendIt.
Borrowell is also one of the Best Places to Work™ for Women, Millennials and in Financial Services and Insurance, and has received wide recognition for its leadership in diversity and inclusion.
About the role:
Borrowell is looking for an Automation Developer to play a critical role within our engineering team! Reporting to our Shared Services Lead, you have the chance to help architect our automated testing frameworks and develop tools that will help simplify our release process and deployment of our cloud infrastructure while working closely with the other engineering teams within Borrowell.
- Design and implement automation strategies to improve the quality of Borrowell's web-based platform
- Identify and prioritize functionality that can best benefit from test automation
- Collaborate with QA team to aid in the development of automated tests
- Collaborate with other development teams to maximize quality of deliveries to ensure testing processes minimize production errors
- Contribute to technical design of features to ensure testability
- Design and implement systems to automate the building, configuration, and deployment of code and infrastructure
- Build systems to automate existing processes
- Identify areas which can be automated and develop and implement solutions
- Experience in writing or adapting existing frameworks to support single page web applications
- Experience using Webdriver/Selenium and RESTful web APIs
- Passion for software quality and automation
- Comfortable supporting other development teams as a subject matter expert
- Ability to troubleshoot automation failures and runtime issues
- Comfortable with agile development that is driven to ship frequently
- The Opportunity - join and have a major impact on a growing company that is helping Canadians make great decisions about credit
- Comprehensive Health Benefits - medical, dental, vision, and paramedical health benefits for you and your family
- Additional Health Benefits - virtual benefit offering that allows you to connect with nurses, doctors and mental health professionals
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top-up - available to new parents
- Wellness & Transit Benefit - $600 annually to spend on a gym membership, daycare, petcare etc.
- Givewell Benefit - 1 paid volunteer day a year to give back to the community
- Flexibility - flexible working hours and a flexible vacation policy
At Borrowell, one of our core values and firm beliefs is that diversity makes us better. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for candidates who have experience, but know that not everyone’s had a chance to demonstrate what they can do. What’s most important is that you have a growth mindset, and care about helping people with their finances - an area in their lives that causes a lot of stress.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, clearing a credit and criminal record check is a condition of employment.
Borrowell encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.